Go Padres!!! We had a great in the park win tonight against the Yankees! The final score was 6-5 Padres but that was only because of the last inning. The rest of the game was awesome. You all looked like a different team out there tonight. We finally hit the ball tonight as a team!!! Mickey set the tone with his lead off hit and then everyone else joined in. We had some good hits from several for singles, and Caleb had a great line drive down first base line over the 1st basemans head for a double. Chase and Mickey each had a RBI in the 2nd inning. You might not get on every time, but if you can score a run that is just as good.
Not only was our hitting coming along tonight, but our defense was falling into place too. Austin Poss started off the game with a great catch in center field. There were several thrown out in the infield and Alec mowed someone down trying to steal second with a perfect shot to Mickey. I think I heard Alec say "not in my house, not tonight"!
Bryce pitched an awesome game tonight....he was striking them out left and right! He also threw a couple out at first with some good defense.
We had a scare tonight with Gunnar the last inning. Taking a hard hit to the face with a bad bounce on a really hard hit from Justin Wood. I think he might have a war zone shiner tomorrow to show for it. But he is tough as nails and will be right back in there Thursday night.
We missed Jerred Baxter tonight who was out with strep throat. We hope you get to feeling better soon...
I didn't get as many pictures tonight because of the lighting on the field, but I will get the posted tomorrow night.
http://picasaweb.google.com/padres14/PadresVsYankees51109?authkey=Gv1sRgCMaKhezpmZC0BA#
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment