Finally something to get excited about!!! I know you are thinking, what is she talking about, we lost 6-5 tonight.( And I am not talking about being excited because it didn't rain today finally!!!) I saw a team tonight that did not give up on the game! That excites me!! You were down the last inning 6-0 and came back and scored 5 runs. That is the teamwork that I have been saying we needed to get together....never giving up. I actually heard some excitement and cheering in the dugout tonight!!! That is what will you make you a better player, teammate and "team" as the year progresses.
I loved seeing Jerred Baxter stay in the batters box on an inside pitch, (had to grab his heart a minute) but stayed in there for the walk and ended up scoring our 1st run for the night. I liked seeing our outfielders rotating in and out in the field, stopping balls and getting them back to the infield and keeping a positive attitude throughout the game. (Austin Johnson, Garrett Johnson, Clayton Forsyth, Chase Jenkins , Jerred Baxter, and Austin Poss) See how important an outfield position is? I use to love the outfield, I actually refused to play infield....
What we do need to work on is hustle......on the field, off the field, to and from the batters box, down the baseline to the base....everywhere and everyone! If we had a little more hustle, we just might have gotten another inning in before time ran out and won that game!!
As parents, we love to watch you play ball and have fun. Sure we love to see you win, but the most important things are that you are learning the game, having fun and enjoying the sport and each other. So relax a little Padres! Enjoy the game like you did that last at bat tonight, and the winning will happen! Then it will be really fun!!!
Nonetheless, it was a great night (finally after a week of rain), you played a good game and I got some pretty good pictures of all of you tonight. Enjoy the sunshine while it last!!
Great pitching tonight Gunnar and Mickey!!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/padres14/PadresPV175709?authkey=Gv1sRgCJee4sv9zIvVlAE#5333286633271285970
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment